Apr 4, 2012

books on solidarity



I am at the International Studies Association conference in San Diego. I was surprised that there were no presentations with the word solidarity in the title, and I only heard the word mentioned once in a presentation (by the fabulous Catherine Eschle who I was thrilled to get to meet).

But I did see two exciting new books on solidarity at the book fair:

Solidarity Politics for Millennials: A Guide to Ending the Oppression Olympics (The Politics of Intersectionality)

by Ange Marie Hancock (amazon link because it's searchable within and google is not)

and

Solidarity Transformed: Labor Responses to Globalization and Crisis in Latin America by
Mark S. Anner

and I was reminded of the book

Race and the Politics of Solidarity (Transgressing Boundaries: Studies in Black Politics and Black Communities) by Juliet Hooker

all of which I have added to this list of resources on solidarity (which you can add to - please do!)

No comments: